Saturday 17 March 2012

Natural Beauty

A couple of weekends ago I did the makeup for a shoot. The brief was simple and natural which is one of my favourite looks to do. The lovely model Madison was fantastic, such a lovely girl. Making her up wasn't hard she has great skin and is beautiful, winning combination really!







After prepping the skin using Dermalogica, I used Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation which is a great high street foundation if your looking for something that gives a healthy  natural looking glow, but all you oily skin gals I would avoid this foundation.  Like I said  Madison has lovely skin, so there wasn't much concealing going on. Underneath the eyes I used a little of the foundation mixed in with a small amount of concealer from my dermacolor palette. The only reason I did this is because the dermacolor concealers are great for covering up blemishes etc but are horrible used under the eye. It just ends up looking cakey and obvious, so by mixing the two products I get a light consistency with a tiny bit more coverage.


Now then the eyes, we did not want anything too heavy but wanted a little definition. Firstly I just used an eyeshadow the same colour as Madison's skin tone all over the lid and a warm brown eyeshadow softly lined around the eyes which you can see in the first image (sorry I do not remember the names of the eyeshadows but they are both from Bobbi Brown). Later on I use Mac's Satin Taupe on the lid with a little black eyeshadow as liner this is the look in the second image. To brighten and open up the eyes a little more I popped Cargo's eye lighter on the inner corners of the eyes. I curled lashes then used one of my favourite mascaras MaxFactor's False Lash Effect Fushion combing through with a clean mascara wand afterwards.


I powdered very lightly using a translucent powder from Illamasqua, then lightly applied Mac blush in Peaches (I have a love for peach toned colours). Madison has great lips, the whole time I was making her up I let her know how envious I was...anyway I used Revlon's nude attitude lipstick and to enhance the shape of the lips a bit more I used UNE's skin glow pencil on the cupid's bow. 


I'm really pleased with the way the images came out, it was a pleasure working with the lovely Madison. 


Let me know what you guys think. 



2 comments:

Jennifer said...

What a lovely makeup! I love the eyes xx

Tasha Makes Up said...

@Jennifer thank you x